[FFmpeg-devel] Preliminary announcement about the current situation

Hervé W. H.O.W.aka.V+ffmpeg
Wed Jan 19 12:54:48 CET 2011

On 19/01/2011, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I just wanted to say that iam as surprised as everyone else about what has
> happened in the last few hours and that some developers overtaking
> official ffmpeg and closing everyone elses write access without any kind of
> public discussion is kinda nasty.

Which repository? git.ffmpeg or git.videolan ? (or both)

> Of course its their full right to fork if they see the need for that but
> thats
> not exactly what they did.
>
> And that I and everyone i spoke with dont even know the reason behind this
> move

Have you asked any of the undersigned of "[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE]
New FFmpeg maintainership" ?

It does seem quite a rude way to go about this change, but I can
appreciate their apparent desire not to go into lengthy flamewars
about it.

-V