[FFmpeg-devel] PATCH: mpegtsenc.c

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed Jan 19 23:22:45 CET 2011

Anton Khirnov <anton at khirnov.net> writes:

>> > Won't one of the existing generic tags be usable for this?
>> "Publisher" is not really close to service provider name in DVB
>> terminology so it is not working.
> What about simply 'author'? It seems the obvious choice to me.
> Anyway, feel free to suggest the term that seems most appropriate to
> you, but i'd prefer for it to be applicable for multiple formats, not
> just this one.

It's more complicated than that.  Consider a music video shown on TV.
The 'author' there is surely the artist who wrote the song, and the
'title' is the name of the song.  The fields we're discussing here are
the name of the _service_, or TV channel in common parlance, e.g. BBC2.
Finally, the _service provider_ is the name of whatever organisation
is running the transmitters.  It's been a while since I worked with
these things, so I may be somewhat off the mark with the details, but
you should get the general picture.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com