[FFmpeg-devel] Automated builds by Ramiro Polla

Fernando Cassia fcassia
Sat Jan 22 14:36:44 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Maksym Veremeyenko <verem at m1stereo.tv>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for years i found very useful resource
> http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.com/autobuilds/ for downloading win32 builds of
> ffmpeg, because its very painful to build ffmpeg for windows, but since
> (Thu, 20 Jan 2011) it claims /The autobuilds have come to an end/

The last build seems to be dated Jan 17. Still "fresh" enough. Although I
admit this might change over time. ;-)

http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.com/autobuilds/ffmpeg/mingw32/static/

Still much better than WInFF which for some reason ships with 2009 builds...

> The question is: who of new maintainers going (or responsible) for
> providing win32 builds?

I don?t think anybody is "responsible" to provide you or anyone else
anything. You?re free to do your own builds if you want. Don?t get me
wrong..... I?m just trying to make a point that providing win32 builds AFAIK
has never been a goal or commitment of the project...

From: http://ffmpeg.org/download.html
"FFmpeg has always been a very experimental and developer-driven project.  "

Just my $0.02...
FC