[FFmpeg-devel] Automated builds by Ramiro Polla

compn tempn
Sat Jan 22 15:22:11 CET 2011

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 10:36:44 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
>On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Maksym Veremeyenko <verem at m1stereo.tv>wrote:
>> The question is: who of new maintainers going (or responsible) for
>> providing win32 builds?
>>

>I don?t think anybody is "responsible" to provide you or anyone else
>anything. You?re free to do your own builds if you want. Don?t get me
>wrong..... I?m just trying to make a point that providing win32 builds AFAIK
>has never been a goal or commitment of the project...
>
>From: http://ffmpeg.org/download.html
>"FFmpeg has always been a very experimental and developer-driven project.  "
>
>Just my $0.02...
>FC

this isnt very helpful. especially in reply to an ffmpeg contributor.
it may not be a specific goal of the project, but the project is made
of many developers with many different goals.

to answer the question: i dont think anyone is interested in mingw
ffmpeg besides ramiro. checking MAINTAINERS file:

Operating systems / CPU architectures
Windows MinGW       Alex Beregszaszi, Ramiro Polla

but alex b hasnt been active in a while.

if someone starts up a mingw fate system, they could copy over the
builds to a public http as 'autobuilds'.

-compn