[FFmpeg-devel] FATE on BSD

Reinhard Tartler siretart
Sun Jan 23 16:55:34 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 16:46:23 (CET), Luca Barbato wrote:

> On 01/23/2011 04:16 PM, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
>> I remember android was reported having problems here, which lead to the
>> introduction of the --disable-symver switch. Let's disable symbol
>> versioning on Android and BSDs for now.
>>

> I do hope we could help BSD fix the issue where it is, has anybody
> reported the problem already?

Short googling reveals this:

http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/symver/freebsd_versioning.txt

It seems that FreeBSD 7 and later do support symbol versioning, although
slightly different than Linux implements it. I suspect that it does work
nevertheless, but it would be great if some FreeBSD user could verify
this.

As for DragonFly, NetBSD, etc, I suspect they didn't port the FreeBSD
implementation (yet). Any BSD experts around?

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4