[FFmpeg-devel] can't compile libavfilter with mp filter

Hervé W. H.O.W.aka.V+ffmpeg
Fri Jan 28 18:56:11 CET 2011

On 28 January 2011 16:53, Herv? W. <H.O.W.aka.V+ffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 January 2011 16:31, vmrsss <vmrsss at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> ? ? ? ?After the transition to the new git repository, I cannot link libavfilter, it lacks
>>
>> ? ? ? ?avcodec_register_all, avcodec_encode_video, ..., etc (see output below)
>>
>> If I configure with --disable-filter=mp then the build completes just fine.
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong perhaps to do with having checked out a
>> fresh copy of the repository?
>
> I don't think you're doing anything wrong.
>
>> Really looking forward to the mp filters, thanks for your help
>>

>> configure and make:
> [...]
>> LD ? ? ?libavfilter/libavfilter.1.dylib
>> ld: warning: -read_only_relocs cannot be used with x86_64
>> Undefined symbols:
>> ?"_avcodec_register_all", referenced from:
>> ? ? ?_vf_open in vf_screenshot.o
>> ?"_avcodec_open", referenced from:
>> ? ? ?_config in vf_mcdeint.o
>> ? ? ?_config in vf_mcdeint.o
>> ? ? ?_config in vf_mcdeint.o
>> ? ? ?_vf_open in vf_screenshot.o
>> ? ? ?_config in vf_uspp.o
> [...]
>> ld: symbol(s) not found
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make: *** [libavfilter/libavfilter.1.dylib] Error 1
>
> I think it failed because there have been some prefix changes that
> were imported from the repo at git.ffmpeg.org to git.videolan.org. The

I'm wrong. I was able to build ffmpeg with the mp filter enabled and
with shared libraries enabled.
read_only_relocs appears to be specific to the darwin/apple build and
I don't have such a system. Perhaps it's a problem specific to the
darwin/apple build. Would anyone else care to try to solve the
problem?

-V