[FFmpeg-devel] Intended behaviour encoding using libx264 and interlacing?

Erik Slagter erik at slagter.name
Thu Jul 21 14:15:32 CEST 2011

Hi guys, here I am again with some nagging, sorry in advance.

In order to get interlaced encoding using libx264 right, I have had to trial-and-error
with lots of combinations of options of both ffmpeg and libx264.

The outcome is that you need to use
  * -top 1 (because ffmpeg doesn't always seem to guess it right, I've had it wrong way
around)
  * -fflags +ildct (because the value of this flags overwrites the params.b_interlaced
value set from x264opts in libx264.c)

The x264opts "tff=1" gets overwritten so it doesn't work.

Is this intentional?