[FFmpeg-devel] [Ffmtech-board-election] FFmtech board elections

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Jun 9 18:17:19 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 05:25:43PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 10:37:24PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Id like to propose to the board (all in To:) to extend the number of
> > directors from 7 to 9. Ideally by letting people vote on 7 vs 9.
> > I propose this because i feel kicking 2 of 9 candidates out is
> > disrespectfull to them and would only increase hostility without
> > any advantage.
> >
> > The reason for this late proposal is because i did not know there
> > where just 9 candidates until recently and because i tried
> > to mail that suggestion to the election ML unsuccessfully.
> >
> > If my proposal isnt accepted i immedeatly resign as director
> > and withdraw my candidacy from the foundation. I dont want to be
> > part of this vote of "who are the 2 most hated developers" in any way.
>
> Thank you all for quickly awnsering my proposal of allowing voters to
> vote between 7 and 9 directors.

For the record:
Benjamin Larsson
Diego Biurrun
Mans Rullgard
Ronald Bultje

where the 4 directors of 7 that voted against it.

> Ben, Please accept my immedeate resignation as director.

That ben refers to Benjamin Larsson, president of the foundation, to
whom resignations must be sent and of course not the other ben in this
thread. I had not realized there was someone else with the name ben
in this thread before.

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know
nothing. -- Socrates