[FFmpeg-devel] [ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] lavfi: API for setting link negotiation properties

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Tue Jun 14 00:07:20 CEST 2011

On date Monday 2011-06-13 16:50:17 +0300, Mina Nagy Zaki encoded:
> There's a utility function currently for setting common formats on all pads of a filter:
> defaults.c: void avfilter_set_common_formats(AVFilterContext *ctx, AVFilterFormats *formats)
>
> This is insufficient as we also need to 1) set channel layouts and 2) differentiate between
> sample formats and pixel formats such that these utility functions work properly for
> transmedia filters (with both audio and video pads, and possibly more).
>

> As such I propose this to be split into:
> avfilter_set_common_sample_formats()
> avfilter_set_common_channel_layouts()
> avfilter_set_common_pixel_formats()
>
> Does this seem like The Right Thing?

I like it, although I'm a bit biased because I suggested those names
and I tend to dislike abbreviations in public API, other may prefer
shorter names. But... send the patches as people here like to comment
on patches more than they like to comment on RFCs ;-).

--
ffmpeg-user random tip #6
Please follow netiquette rules while posting to ffmpeg-user: