[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg, FFMtech Foundation and donations

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Tue Jun 14 10:22:46 CEST 2011

On date Tuesday 2011-06-14 03:38:37 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> Hi
>
> The foundation had 7 directors. 4 of which in january joined the
> libav.org fork. The foundation thus had a narrow majority of libav
> supporters.
>
> on 19 Mar 2011,  6 directors where meeting on IRC and discussing how
> the next board of directors should be elected, they decided that
> "People who had svn accounts and were active in the last year are
> allowed to vote, in case of contention the board can decide."
>

> on 25 May, ben suggests that
> "those who are eligible to vote are allowed to cast 3 votes for
> those who they prefer to be on the board"
>

> On the 8th Jun The election is announced to begin the next day with
> the number of votes raised to 7 from 3 and the people allowed to
> vote extended to include several
> libav developers who where neither active nor had svn write accounts

I supposed that the voting procedure and the list of voters was
discussed and eventually voted by the board, surely they are not
unimportant details.

If this was not the case, I propose to suspend this election and
re-run it later after such details have been approved by the board.
--
FFmpeg = Freak and Faithless Multipurpose Puristic Elastic Gospel