[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg, FFMtech Foundation and donations

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Jun 14 21:36:27 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 02:07:21PM -0400, compn wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:25:08 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >[...]
> >--
> >Michael     GnuPG fingerprint: 9FF2128B147EF6730BADF133611EC787040B0FAB
>

> so uh, what do you want to happen?

me?
in relation to this?
for me to shutup?

there is nothing i want in that respect.

If you just ask in general and independant of this thread
what i want, well

I want people to follow moral common sense or at least the laws
and stop the politics, corruption and lieing

I want libav and ffmpeg to merge again, people and groups can have
their own trees but there should be some cooperation and coordination
between people.

I want the hostility to end

I want to be able to send a technical email under my own name to a
libav developer and get a reply.

> do you want open (to developers) logs of ffmtech discussions/decisions?

i support openness, i dont see the relation to the issues
at hand though.

> do you want ffmtech to provide funding to both ffmpeg and libav or
> just ffmpeg? or just case-by-case basis ?

ultimately I want both to be funded but not by manipulating the
election

> do you want only ffmpeg developers as directors in ffmtech foundation?

I have no problem with non ffmpeg developers being directors.
We could have mplayer, libav, mythtv, xine, x264,  ... directors there
too But currently i would prefer if ffmpeg had a majority, it was
intended to be ffmpegs foundation after all.
Others could maybe have a veto right if people think that is needed.

> people are scared of you and would rather cower in fear than ask you
> any questions. its a bit silly.

> one developer said "michael accuses
> will result in the foundation dissolution". is that what you are going
> for ? please be specific in your ideas for the future. can we just get

the foundation dissolution, sounds to me like scorched earth tactics.
Thats not what i want. But as you mention it yes its likely some
libav developers will attempt to push toward this and use it for
another political lie-defamation campaign.

about the vote/election/foundation, iam no director anymore and can
neither approve or reject anything in it.

While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there
will be no State. -- Vladimir Lenin