[FFmpeg-devel] [Slight OT] VideoLAN Dev Days 2011

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Jun 23 16:04:35 CEST 2011

Hello FFmpeg community,

I am sorry for the slight OT, but I'll organize the next VideoLAN Dev
Days this septembers, and you are invited...

---

The VideoLAN Dev Days 2011 will be held

 in Paris, France, Europe;

 on September 3rd (saturday) and 4th (sunday) 2011
 (and beers on the friday night)

The VideoLAN organization will pay for flights and hotel for people to
come.

We will pay expenses for VLC developers, VideoLAN projects developers, forum/wiki helpers
(yes, VLC_help, please come), extensions and skins designers... We will pay for SoC
students too.
We will pay expenses for ACTIVE libav* developers (FFmpeg/Libav) developers and
other similar projects that are key to VLC development.
We will be able to provide separate rooms, if needed, for FFmpeg (might
not be for the complete 2 days, though...)

If you are outside Europe (or if your planes are expensive), please ask
before buying tickets.

How do I register?

 * mail me for registration, ASAP (I mean it). Wait for "OK".
 * buy your flights/train/private jet tickets.
   - Ask if you have doubt about the prices
   - You have to be in Paris, on saturday morning, meaning 10:30.
     If impossible, come the day before, we'll drink beers on friday
     night.
 * prepare IBAN, receipt, boarding passes copies with your luggage for
   reimbursement on-site
 * take your laptop, brain and positive attitude with you and come.

Students or people who cannot buy and get reimbursed in september,
should say so, so we'll do exceptions.

We are welcoming sponsors.
We are welcoming speakers.

Best Regards,