[FFmpeg-devel] 0.7 / 0.8 Releases

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Fri Jun 24 00:25:40 CEST 2011

On date Wednesday 2011-06-22 18:24:36 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:19:34PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > the 0.7 / 0.8 Releases are up
> > please check them
> > * match git master/oldabi
> > * gpg sigs ok
> > * fate passes
> > * whatever you can think of to test it
> > * that 0.7 works with old programs
> >
> > minor issues will be fixed in 0.7.1 / 0.8.1
> > if major issues are found i will redo the release before making it
> > public on the download page
> >
> > if i see no major issue reported within 3-4h then ill put them on the
> > download page
>
> I will link the existing 0.7 unchanged from the download page today
> if i see no further comments

BTW, I just looked at the Changelogs listed for 0.7/0.8 and they are a
several MBs file with the git log. I don't think it is a good idea to
leave that, we may link the Changelog and a summary description of the
releases, I can compile them and post a patch on FFmpeg-devel for
that.

Also we should add an entry on the News section of the website, and we
can consider the release job done.

Also I'd appreciate to keep the link to the old releases, re-add 0.6
as I want to maintain it at least for some more time, and possibly add
a link to a "Deprecated and Unmaintained releases" page
(alternatively: boldly mark the releases as such).
--
FFmpeg = Fascinating and Fanciful Mere Pitiful Erratic Genius