[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] MinGW+FFmpeg survival guide

Kirill Gavrilov gavr.mail at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 19:07:04 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Otoh, I did compile FFmpeg this week on Windows (for the first time): It
> worked
> out-of-the-box, and turned out to be significantly easier (and faster) than
> installing Windows, so personally, I do not really understand the request.

Just curious, you mean FFmpeg for some project or just ffmpeg?

I suggest you send a patch that

I think this was request to 'someone' - not job for asker itself ;).

Since many people asked for it, but nobody sent a patch, I assume it is
> simply
> not possible (but please correct me if I am wrong).

I tried to modify sources to compile within MinGW but as C++.
This was very hurt (and I'm not finish this because it require really lot of
editing...).
So I'm sure - nobody in their right mind would take up this job and result
patch will be rejected.