[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg examples

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Mon Jun 27 23:46:46 CEST 2011

On date Monday 2011-06-27 20:51:32 +0100, Philip Ashmore encoded:
> Hi there.
>
> I remember reading a really useful advanced tutorial on ffmpeg usage
> on the web.

> It focused on how to "de-blur" images using convolution, including
> how to counteract image degradation and
> "ringing" in the resulting image.

What about writing a convolution libavfilter filter for that?

> I think it also mentioned a custom ffmpeg build for working with
> high dynamic range images.
>
> Does this ring a bell with anyone? Can you provide a link to the web page?
>
> I want to use the theory to develop a C++ program using ffmpeg libraries.
>
> I've written a QT program that creates videos from html5 animations
> using ffmpeg libraries called
> html5-capture.
>
> It's available at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/v3c-storyboard/
>
> I'd like to add more example programs using QT + ffmpeg, but I would
> also appreciate feedback.

Check also doc/examples, we could add a qt/ dir if it makes sense for
you.

Also check the "libavfilter API example" thread which I recently
revived. And yes we need more examples (and we also need to
update/cleanup the few that we have), patches are welcome (and when
the API will stabilize we may even think of writing a book).
--
FFmpeg = Foolish and Frightening Monstrous Philosofic Empowered Genius