[FFmpeg-devel] 10-bit DNxHD support

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Mar 8 22:30:58 CET 2011

On 8 Mar 2011, at 18:29, Joseph Artsimovich <joseph at mirriad.com> wrote:
> First of all, it doesn't work unless --disable-asm is used.  I did insert emms_c() between the mmx and floating point code, but it didn't help.

Doesn't work is too unspecific.

> Second, it looks like I am stuck with faandct / idct.  It seems most (all?) of other implementations assume 8-bit samples and may overflow on 10-bit ones.

I'd assume that it's actually all though I am not sure about the C one.
However the only sensible way is to add a new implementation for higher bit depth.
I'd also like to make you aware of av_clip16, you should use that instead of the
If (v<0) v=0 ... code you have there.