[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg logging on stderr

tech gro tekgro
Wed Mar 9 23:13:14 CET 2011

Hi There,
    I'm running ffmpeg from my java application to translate files from one
format to another. All the logging is going to stderr, which i believe is
the default. The problem is, when running ffmpeg from within a java app, my
log gets flooded with statements like
"frame=  581 fps= 52 q=28.0 size=    2074kB time=17.98 bitrate= 944.9kbits/s
"

Is there a way to write only the errors to stderr, and everything else to
stdout, or maybe even turn it off?

I tried loglevel silent, but that does not help either.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
tekgro