[FFmpeg-devel] 10-bit DNxHD support

Joseph Artsimovich joseph
Thu Mar 10 16:07:26 CET 2011

> > I am not sure if it's OK or not, but I did notice ffmpeg doesn't
> > produce pixel-to-pixel identical results compared to Avid's decoder.
> > The difference can most easily be noticed on smooth gradients.
>
> Do you have screenshots ? "smooth gradients" is overly subjective.
> If you have the vc-3 reference test suite, you can check against these.
I don't have the reference test suite, so I created a test case:
http://depositfiles.com/files/zfv1n29rx
Unfortunately I don't know how to exract and save YUV data using the Windows QuickTime API, so I did the following:
1. Generated a DNxHD clip (progressive) using QuickTime Pro.
2. Converted it to Animation (qtrle) using QuickTime Pro and using our in-house application that uses libavcodec and libswscale.  I couldn't use pure ffmpeg because I would get colorshift due to problems I mentioned before.
If you open both animation files and flip between them, you'll notice some minor difference, for example near the top-right corner.

Joseph Artsimovich
Software Developer
MirriAd Ltd