[FFmpeg-devel] [ANN] Project renamed to Libav

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Mon Mar 14 16:11:35 CET 2011

Hi,

(as some probably already know,) due to to disputes over the FFmpeg
name, we've decided to continue developing the FFmpeg codebase under
the new name Libav. All existing infrastructure will be transferred to
the libav.org domain. The website, mailinglist, fate, roundup etc. are
running under the new domain. Eventually, their FFmpeg counterparts,
which currently forward to *.libav.org, will be deactivated. While we
transition, there will be references to FFmpeg in our source code,
website, etc. - these will disappear over time, unless historically
relevant.

Everybody is welcome to subscribe to the new mailing lists at
http://lists.libav.org/ (the mplayerhq.hu mailinglist services will
remain only for a while to assist in the transition), and on IRC you
can find us at #libav-devel on Freenode.

Ronald
(on behalf of the Libav maintainer team)