[FFmpeg-devel] Maintainership Clarifications

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Mar 14 18:00:28 CET 2011

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 11:21:18PM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
> If a patch touches a part of FFmpeg that nobody knows well, then review
> is still done on a best-effort basis.

By whom? My experience is that it will _not_ be done. At all.

> A maintainer is a person experienced and/or knowledgeable in a specific
> area, willing to make an effort to address bug reports about the area
> and to shepherd outside contributions to the area into FFmpeg.
>
> Maintainership is not file-based - many areas cover many files or even
> all of FFmpeg. Maintainership is not code ownership. The project's code
> is owned by all its members. No maintainer should veto changes to
> specific files or make decisions without technical reasons just for
> being the maintainer.

All work no play? Responsibility with out even the slightest bit of
privilege is not something that is very motivating.
Particularly with that spelled out clearly I ask to be removed _immediately_
from the maintainer list, since that still hasn't been done.
It is absolutely not acceptable for you to ignore this request, doubly
not with responsibilities spelled out.