[FFmpeg-devel] Copyright claims about material on ffmpeg.org

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Mar 14 18:10:55 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 01:33:12PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> Mans Rullgard claims copyright on the ffmpeg logo and threatenes with legal
> consequences if it is not removed from ffmpeg.org:
>
> public #ffmpeg-dev
> Mar 13 17:50:47 <mru>   michaelni: please stop using my logo now
> Mar 13 17:51:00 <mru>   or you'll get a letter from my lawyer
> [...]
>
> I redid the logo within about 1h notice of the alleged violation so the current
> one on ffmpeg.org is no longer mans work. (and never was his design)

You are still using the logo, nothing was changed.  The design is not
yours, you were told to stop using it, delete it already.

> Also diego has raised the issue of copyrights on the text on the homepage.
> Ive asked him by private mail but he sidesteped the matter entirely in his
> awnser.

I complained that your offer to remove my work is hollow when
you haven't even followed up on the request for logo removal.

Diego