[FFmpeg-devel] (trying to be) a voice of reason

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Mon Mar 14 19:14:31 CET 2011

Hi Nicolas,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Nicolas George
<nicolas.george at normalesup.org> wrote:
> Le quartidi 24 vent?se, an CCXIX, Ronald S. Bultje a ?crit?:
>> Please read the quotes, his conclusions (particularly those with my
>> name attached to them) and decide for yourself if they make any sense.
>
> Well, the quote from M?ns is quite enough for me to see that there is a
> problem. I thought you were a reasonable person, I can not imagine why you
> are siding with him instead of endorsing the projects of organizing a proper
> vote.

First, you're suggesting Mans is not reasonable, that's not true.

A vote, as I've tried to explain numerous times before, will leave
half of the developers unhappy. I've said what it _would_ take for me
to reconcile this: Michael should fix things up with Mans. He is the
one that insulted Mans which lead to him almost leaving the project.
Michael refused. Thus, we've forked.

The fix is simple: Michael needs to make up such that Mans is willing
to work with him again. I don't see that happening anytime soon,
unfortunately.

Ronald