[FFmpeg-devel] (trying to be) a voice of reason

Nicolas George nicolas.george
Mon Mar 14 19:28:05 CET 2011

Le quartidi 24 vent?se, an CCXIX, Ronald S. Bultje a ?crit?:
> First, you're suggesting Mans is not reasonable, that's not true.

Frankly, since M?ns came back and became the de-facto leader of one half of
the project, I quickly had doubt that I could work under his lead. And in
these circumstances, I am rather easy going.

> A vote, as I've tried to explain numerous times before, will leave
> half of the developers unhappy.

Any situation that can be attained by a coup can be put to the vote; the
vote more or less guarantees that the selected situation yields the minimum
unhappiness.

A coup does not guarantee anything like that. A coup guarantees that you, as
a leader of the coup, are not in the unhappy half.

> The fix is simple: Michael needs to make up such that Mans is willing
> to work with him again.

We have yet to hear from M?ns what he would want from Michael to work with
him again. From what I have seen until now, the answer seems to be "never".

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George