[FFmpeg-devel] (trying to be) a voice of reason

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Mon Mar 14 19:43:47 CET 2011

On date Monday 2011-03-14 19:37:02 +0100, Nicolas George encoded:
> Le quartidi 24 vent?se, an CCXIX, Ronald S. Bultje a ?crit?:
> > > We have yet to hear from M?ns what he would want from Michael to work with
> > > him again. From what I have seen until now, the answer seems to be "never".
> > Indeed. I don't see how a vote solves that.
>
> Do not wave a red herring, you know perfectly that a vote would not solve
> it, and you know perfectly that this is not the question.
>
> If Michael can not do anything to get M?ns to accept to work with him again,
> that is not to Michael that you should be giving ultimatums.

And I'd like to note that this is not a personal quarrel. Michael and
Mans, although brilliant contributors, don't represent the entire
project, and they shouldn't decide for all the other developers.

The problem is how to define a new policy for the project in a
legitimate way. A way has been proposed and I hope we'll follow that
path.
--
FFmpeg = Freak & Free Muttering Puristic Ecumenical Gorilla