[FFmpeg-devel] (trying to be) a voice of reason

madshi madshi
Mon Mar 14 20:42:56 CET 2011

2011/3/14 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
> git merge child

Haha!!  :-)

2011/3/14 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
> the question really is what the vote is about exactly.
> A vote between A and B where A means B leaves
> and B means A leavs is totallly pointless

Well, the exact vote content would have to be defined.
As I suggested in my original post I think there first
needs to be a vote about which type of leadership
the majority of devs wants. E.g. no leader, one leader,
a team of leaders. Once that's decided there would
need to be another vote, deciding who's leading (if any).

> I also thought it can be done, but simply voting for
> equality 14:1 had no effect, it was ignored.

Well, you started the vote, you defined the options,
you did the counting. That's not the proper way to
do a vote. A proper vote needs both "opponents"
to agree with the voting options before the vote even
starts.

Best regards, Mathias.