[FFmpeg-devel] [ANN] Project renamed to Libav

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Mar 15 00:03:18 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 11:55:10PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 06:06:36PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > I just wanted to write a quick reply to clarify that ffmpeg has not been
> > > renamed. Instead a minority of developers decided to fork ffmpeg after
> > > their attempted takeover of the project failed.
> >
> > The "minority" that is behind 90+ percent of the work going into
> > your repository.
>
> i dont want to belittle peoples work at all, everyones contributions are
> significant to me. But this is untrue
>

> > Also, you managed to rally only 13 people to
> > support your vote, we had 18 people on the initial announcement
> > alone.
>
> Thats untrue, there are many more supporters than 13 (actually its 14 who
> voted in public you cant count)
> i didnt vote so make it 15 and theres quite a few more who only expressed
> their support privately to me.
>
> Its still a comparission of apples to oranges though, one is a vote the
> other a signature list made by exhaustively asking people

Everyone's already declared themselves a winner, could we please
at least stop re-enacting German politics? Nobody is suddenly
going to agree with the other side just because the horse has
become fossilized.