[FFmpeg-devel] (trying to be) a voice of reason

Olivier Galibert galibert
Tue Mar 15 11:52:06 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 12:36:12PM +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> Thanks for taking care to post this, I couldn't agree with you more,
> we should avoid to split the project, the consequences for users and
> free software multimedia would be catastrophic.

Don't delude yourself, the project is already split.

Both trees are going to live for a while, the "best" will eventually
win and the other will be forgotten.  And what decides "best" is hard
to say, but probably includes distro uptake, internet visibility,
documentation quality, codec support, API niceness and raw
performance.

May the best team win.

  OG.