[FFmpeg-devel] (trying to be) a voice of reason

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Tue Mar 15 20:30:56 CET 2011

On 03/15/2011 08:20 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le quintidi 25 vent?se, an CCXIX, Luca Barbato a ?crit :
>> From my point of view I had been forced to move away, leave the name of
>> the project to somebody that bullied me for too much time and cope with
>> his fan insulting and smear my name.
>
> Please stop confusing the people who did not take part in the coup with
> Michael, this is not the same thing.

I'm perfectly aware of the difference.

> The people you are siding with have refused attempts at compromise out of
> hand and never agreed to submit to a legitimate expression of the majority.
> That alone forbids them any legitimacy on the common name.

We spent countless time trying to find a compromise. It's pretty hard to
find a compromise if you have a side being at best circular and at worst
asking for the suicide of the other.

> Now, if Michael were to cling to power on his side of the fork, he would
> lose legitimacy too, and I would be among the first to criticize him. But I
> do not think he would do it, as he recently endorsed the principle of a
> vote.

Recently he claimed the method used to decide in various organizations
rigged because I proposed it. He wants A single person in command,
himself?, and doesn't accept other ideas.

> If that vote happens, you would be free to register a motion "M?ns leader,
> ban Michael" and see who votes for it. I can say that I would certainly not
> support any motion banning someone.

I do not want M?ns replacing Michael, I want that few simple rules do
apply to everybody equally, is that hard to understand?

I do not want people that stomps over others saying "I am special"
because in the far past did something interesting.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo/linux