[FFmpeg-devel] Welcome to the "ffmpeg-devel" mailing list

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Mar 16 12:11:35 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 07:44:14AM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Moin Michael,
>
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 02:58:10 +0100
> ffmpeg-devel-request at ffmpeg.org wrote:

> > reply to old mails (prior 16. mar. 2011) make sure the address you
> > reply to is ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org and if not change it. Otherwise
> > the mail will possibly not reach any subscribers. We apologize for
> > this inconvenience. You are being automatically subscribed to this
> > list because the list was moved and you where subscribed to the old
> > and now closed list.
>
> May i ask who gave you the permission to subscribe me to this new
> mailinglist of yours? As far as i know i never did. In the contrary,
> i said quite a few times, that i don't want to be on a project that
> is lead by you. It is just too painfull and dismotivating, to put
> it mildly.
>
> Hence, i'm really tempted to report you to your ISP for violating the
> Opt-In rule and forcibly subscribing me onto a mailinglist i don't want
> to be on.

The list has just been moved, its not a new list.
But i will unsubscribe you from all ffmpeg.org lists in a moment to avoid any
misunderstandings
You are welcome to resubscribe if you want

In fact, the RIAA has been known to suggest that students drop out
of college or go to community college in order to be able to afford
settlements. -- The RIAA