[FFmpeg-devel] [GSoC] Qualification Task

Mina Nagy Zaki mnzaki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 12:42:33 CET 2011

On Tuesday 22 March 2011 13:01:24 Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Tuesday 2011-03-22 21:28:10 +1100, Peter Ross encoded:
> > On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 09:54:02AM +0200, Mina Nagy Zaki wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I've ported a small filter from sox, the 'earwax' filter, essentially a
> > > stereo widening effect. It's a relatively simple filter, I was
> > > actually looking to write a general sox wrapper but turns out there
> > > would be a few things that would make this slightly difficult.
> >
> > Can you elaborate on this, just curious.
>
> I remeber the mail from Hemanth, he said that there was the need to
> use threading for it. I have the last patch from Hemanth, and the
> mails with the discussion, and I can ask Hemanth to comment on this.

IMHO threading could be avoided. I would like to see discussion/patches as
well.

> ffplay IN -vf null;
>
> works fine here. Can you elaborate on this?

You need to quote/escape the semicolon or it's parsed by the shell, so:
ffplay IN -vf null\;
ffplay IN -vf "null;"

[...]
All Nits catered to :D

> Possibly won't work. As I understand it, this will need some form of
> negotiation for the audio channel layout.
Yup, definitely will have unexpected results, see reply to Peter.

> BTW, Peter would you co-mentor this project?, that would be much
> appreciated.
Nice, the more the merrier!

--
Mina Nagy Zaki