[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Development model

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Mar 17 18:22:56 CET 2011

On 17 Mar 2011, at 15:15, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> A quick question
>
> What do people prefer
> A. Reviewer applies patch if he is sure its ok
> B. Reviewer ok-es patch and author applies later

B, it happens often enough that I know the code better than the reviewer and realise (obvious) fixes necessary or that I really should add those comments I was too lazy for.
However that should not be taken as a prohibition for reviewers or other developers to apply if they are impatient for some reason.
I don't see any real issue with review happening also on the -cvslog list, it's sometimes all I have time to read so that will happen anyway (as with the JV demuxer), so why hinder people my making up many rules?