[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg future in regards to hardware decoding & software filtering.

Gregor Riepl onitake at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 02:16:01 CET 2011

>> of course theres a chance, it just depends on a volunteer doing the work and
>> it being license wise possible
>
> I hop that some dev’s take interest in GPU accel, I know such a thing is a
> massive undertaking though.  I was just curious because ffmpeg is one of the
> most important software’s ever developed...

OpenCL support is something I was eyeing with myself, but for now, I
think it would make more sense to work on hwaccel in general first. If
the interface for modules is simple enough, it will be much easier to
add any kind of hardware support.

Are you thinking of decoding specifically or using OpenCL for any
operation where it would make sense to accelerate?