[FFmpeg-devel] FFmtech foundation meeting call

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Mar 21 11:48:59 CET 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 11:22:40PM -0400, compn wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 00:55:21 +0100, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> >Criteria for vote eligibility in the upcoming FFmtech board election:
> >* I suggest that persons that have contributed/supported significantly
> >to FFmpeg in the last 12 months code-wise and project management-wise
> >are eligible to vote.
>
> it makes sense that the people who have copyright in the code are
> eligible to vote in the foundation made from said copyright profits.
> excluding them would be ill advised.

I agree but there was very strong resistance from directors againt letting
people who have not contributed significantly in the last 12month have a say
in things.
I opposed this in private mail to ben already prior to teh meeting but without
much luck

> in an unrelated note. it has come to my attention that Martin Storsjo
> was motivated to fix an amr problem. lured by a sponsorship of the
> bug , he spent 4 hours tracking it down. but now that sponsor has
> dissapeared. i would like to ask ffmtech to compensate him if his
> sponsor does not. i think it would help keep motivation up, at least
> making 'all that work' not so worthless. sorry i dont have the bug
> report or patch links atm. this is my idea and martin sounds
> reluctant to ask himself.

I support that the foundation covers the cost, we also can put such sponsors
up on shame to avoid such problems from reoccuring

He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know. -- Lao Tsu