[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg and streams

Laurent Goderre laurent.goderre at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 22:57:55 CEST 2011

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for the fast answer.

I indeed didn't notice the confusion in the vocabulary. When I was talking about stream I was talking about a byte stream. Generally in Managed language such as C#.Net and Java, input data is retrieved from a byte stream that allow you to read bytes until the end of it is reached.

I would like to call ffmpeg from managed code and provide such a byte stream as the input instead of an URL or file address. I am not a C developer but it seemed that the method av_transcode only accept file address or URL input.

Does this make more sense?