[FFmpeg-devel] Query : "h264 decoder optimizations"

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Mar 30 23:55:26 CEST 2011

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 03:20:13PM +0530, @R0Y wrote:
> Hiii...     I wanna apply for Gsoc 2011 under this project " h264 decoder
> optimizations ".
> is any one else Doing this project ?
>
> the Qualifaction task is  :  make our decoder 1% faster
>
> Give me some idea related to this qualification task ?

use x264 to encode for example the foreman sequence
and then test how much time ffmpeg needs for decoding it.
make that decoding 1% faster

if you need tips on what to work on exactly there where some suggestions
longer ago on this ML IIRC

When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty, and
there is nothing more to fear from them, then he is always stirring up
some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader. -- Plato