[FFmpeg-devel] Cooperative coding between (N)LE and FFmpeg; possibly quality improvements?

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Sun May 8 14:47:36 CEST 2011

On Sat, 07 May 2011 22:17:03 +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:
>My inspiration came from Eurosport recently where there were so many
>artifacts in the Snooker championship at scene switches (MPEG2 playout).
>Even for a digital videomixer these hints could be interesting.

oh there is this in the manual...

`-force_key_frames time[,time...]'
Force key frames at the specified timestamps, more precisely at the
first frames after each specified time. This option can be useful to
ensure that a seek point is present at a chapter mark or any other
designated place in the output file. The timestamps must be specified
in ascending order.

-compn