[FFmpeg-devel] RFC: ffplay for Android

C.L Lee cl.li1980 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 03:05:07 CEST 2011

to support Android, only OpenMAX IL layer APIs need to be considered.
For small pictures, decoding eats most of the time, however for big pictures
as 720p and more, the cost of rendering increased a lot because of the
byte-copying from AV_Frame to H/W render buffer.

Anyway the buffer for decoded frame is managed inside FFMpeg and it is not
easy to set up some kind of tunnel on embedded SOC to take advantage of the
H/W accelerator.