[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] h264 avoid starting decode on a non top?field

Joakim Plate elupus at ecce.se
Sun Nov 13 01:06:01 CET 2011

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 21:35:09 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 09:02:19PM +0100, Joakim Plate wrote:
>> [11 quoted lines suppressed]
>
> yes
>
>> [4 quoted lines suppressed]
>
> droping the reference checks fixes Ticket354 and i havnt spoted a
> negative effect of that change
>
> [...]

Yup, solves the worst problems of my sample too. But what makes it even
better is making sure that half field is not remembered as a reference
either. Couldn't find a better way than ff_h264_remove_all_refs, but that
is obviously overkill. Should just remove the give picture for the list of
references (given that it's obviously corrupt in that case)