[FFmpeg-devel] Uninitialized variable warnings

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Mon Oct 17 20:06:41 CEST 2011

I get alot of uninitialized variable warnings when compiling ffmpeg.

I mention this because in one case I know of (libavformat/utils.c seek_frame_binary), either pos_min or pos_max can be uninitialized and then a call is made to av_gen_search with the uninitialized variable.

Personally, I don't like to see alot of warnings in the output because they tend to wash out warnings that might be important.

I think at least the uninitialize varaible warnings should be addressed.

I pretty much skipped over the problem in seek_frame_binary until I get a chance to visit seek problems in more detail when I get the chance.