[FFmpeg-devel] Theora buffer release code

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Oct 22 13:28:13 CEST 2011

Hello,
when exiting MPlayer while playing a theora file I sometimes get this
message:
[theora @ 0xf53860]Found 1 unreleased buffers!
Looking at the code what irritates me is that vp3_decode_flush does:
ff_thread_release_buffer(avctx, &s->current_frame);
whereas vp3_decode_end says:
    /* no need to release the current_frame since it will always be pointing
     * to the same frame as either the golden or last frame */
Which is correct?
Either way I'd say that vp3_decode_end probably should just call
vp3_decode_flush instead of duplicating the code...