[FFmpeg-devel] The email address you supplied is banned from this mailing list.

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Oct 25 15:52:13 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 01:22:47PM +0200, Vladimir Pantelic wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >Hi ronald, mans, ben
> >
> >Until just a few hours ago i was subscribed to libav-api and did
> >actively participate in the discussions there.
>
> yes, "actively" like this:
>
> > ffmpeg fully supports stagefright and has many more NEON optimizations
> > than libav, and many more will be added in the future.
> > I dont know if its fast enough but your chances are definitly better.
> >
> > git://git.videolan.org/ffmpeg.git / http://ffmpeg.org/download.html

I think its better to read the full quote. Which i suggest everyone
interrested to do.
If i may summarize it and my intentions ...
A user had difficulty getting fast enough decoding & display working
on android and asked if hw accelleration was supported.
Ronald explained that libav does not support that yet and theres a
patchset somewhere (without link)

At that point follows what you quoted. Which is a link to a repository
(ffmpeg) that combines allmost all the NEON patches and hw acceleration
support that exists currently (and that ronald pointed the user to).

My intent was to help the user as its alot easier to just checkout
one tree instead of hunting patches and applying them. And keep in
mind these patches laying around probably do not apply cleanly anymore
so would require manual work and C knowledge on the users side to get
applied.

And either way the patches seperate or merged are the work of ronald,
mans, martin, mohamed and others. Id like to thank them for their
very generous work and contribution. Only through which realtime
decoding on android may be possible. I only merged them, all credit
for the work belongs to them.

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber. -- Plato