[FFmpeg-devel] Hacking FATE for fun and coverage

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 01:03:10 CEST 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 03:44:50PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le septidi 7 ventôse, an CCXX, Clément Bœsch a écrit :
> > Indeed, at the moment the whole directory is rsync'ed at each run. I could
> > take snapshots instead, but given the current directory size (more than
> > 80MB), I'd better add a history limit, like say 50 or 100 runs.
> >
> > I'll see what I can do about this.
>
> You should look at rsnapshot, it looks perfect for that: it can make
> daily/weekly/monthly snapshots and uses hardlinks when files have not
> changed.
>
> Also, I believe most of the space is taken by the annotated source code for
> each file, while the per-directory summaries are much more interesting for
> archiving.

I wasn't able to suit rsnapshot to my needs, and my sysadmin skills
basically suck (and I hate it). So I just wrote a small script to keep the
last N snapshots in a public directory:
http://lucy.pkh.me/ffmpeg-coverage-snapshots/. It should be enough to make
some quick diff. (The last coverage run and everything else are still
accessible from http://lucy.pkh.me/).

Ideally I should improve the script to make hardlinks when necessary, but
I'm not motivated right now (and I also don't care much since I have
storage).

BTW, sorry for the long delay, I was migrating to a new server again
because of issues with the previous servers.

Clément B.