[FFmpeg-devel] first_dts set to RELATIVE_TS_BASE in vorbis audio

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Wed Apr 11 06:10:10 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 05:18:06PM -0400, Don Moir wrote:

> >>I was hoping someone could answer why this was changed.
> >>
> >>It looks like all my ogg files have this problem in the audio
> >>stream only, but it may be effecting other formats. Mostly it
> >>looks ok with other formats but not sure.
> >>
> >>The value in first_dts may be exactly RELATIVE_TS_BASE as in the
> >>following sample or RELATIVE_TS_BASE minus some unknown.
> >>
> >>http://sms.pangolin.com/temp/bad_first_dts_in_audio_stream.ogv
> >>

> >The last known good to me is git-e01f478 but there may be a more
> >recent version that was good.
> >
> >The failing version that i first discovered it is git-41a097a but
> >it may fail in earlier version. git-6bfb304 is still a problem.
>
>> By the way, I can't point you to actual failing senario. I use the
>> first_dts value to determine the offset time for a stream. If this
>> is not used as an offset then the timing can be off. I have noticed
>> parcular behavior before with ffplay etc related to this but I don't
>> remember the exact files used to produce that offhand.
>
>> All you need to do is open the above sample and check the first_dts
>> value for the audio stream. It will be RELATIVE_TS_BASE. This never
>> occured with previous builds and so now first_dts is not reliable
>> and I figure this is a bug but no one has been forthcoming with any
>> answer.

> can you try to outcomment the code that messes with cur_dts in
> oggparsevorbis.c ?

I commented out this line in vorbis_packet in oggparsevorbis.c:

s->streams[idx]->cur_dts = AV_NOPTS_VALUE;

This was the only reference to cur_dts in oggparsevorbis.c.

With that change the first_dts in the audio stream is 0xfffffffffffffc00, so
no fix then.

vorbis_packet has been added since it last worked correctly as well as the
relative time stamp code in utils.c