[FFmpeg-devel] Fw: FFmpeg build failing in IOS 5.1

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 10:32:45 CEST 2012

2012/4/17 Krishna <krishnaks at iwavesystems.com>:
> Hello,
>
> When I try to link ffmpeg library with IOS application, I am getting following link error.
> What may be the issue?
>
> ld: warning: ignoring file ./libavcodec.a, file was built for archive
> which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
> ld: warning: ignoring file ./libavformat.a, file was built for archive
> which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
> ld: warning: ignoring file ./libswscale.a, file was built for archive
> which is not the architecture being linked (i386)

I guess you try to compile your app to run on _Simulator_. Device
Simulator runs on your PC, so xcode compiles your app into i386 cpu
arch.
Two ways:
1. Stick to testing on real devices.
2. (Didn't try myself, but should work in desired way.) Do the libav*
builds for armv6\7, and also for i386, then "lipo" them together into
fat (multi-arch) binaries, and use them for linkage.

--
Andrey Utkin