[FFmpeg-devel] Unicode filenames support on Windows regression

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Apr 18 19:20:35 CEST 2012

Le decadi 30 germinal, an CCXX, Kirill Gavrilov a écrit :
> That is... But I have no idea how to declare structure synonym without
> typedef too
> (typedef will not work here due to exploitation of same name for structure
> and function).

The way you wrote it in your next patch seems rather complicated.
Suggestion: move most of the body of file_check into os_support.h as:

static inline int ff_file_exists(const char *filename)

returning 0 + (AVIO_FLAG_READ if so) + (AVIO_FLAG_WRITE if so) if the file
exists and an error code if it does not.

That way, you can implement it in a windows-idiomatic way, which is probably
very different from the test against S_IRUSR and S_IWUSR for Unix.

(By the way, this test is completely nonsensical even for Unix since we did
not check whether the file was ours to start with, but this is an unrelated
matter.)

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George