[FFmpeg-devel] soundtouch filter?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Apr 29 13:02:12 CEST 2012

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 09:53:19PM -0600, Pavel Koshevoy wrote:
> I am thinking of using the soundtouch library for actual audio
> processing, so the filter would be a wrapper for soundtouch.

Generally we aren't keen on stuff depending on external libs.
Amongst lots of reasons, the fact that we will not be able to
add automated tests for it is quite significant.
Also adding a wrapper that is in itself probably a few hundred lines
for something that can be implemented directly with about as much
code seems a bit silly.
If GPL is good enough, you could port MPlayer's scaletempo filter,
it is under 500 lines including all the interface code with MPlayer...