[FFmpeg-devel] Internal aac development progress...

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Aug 6 22:54:00 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 11:10:37AM +0300, Remote Bomber wrote:
> Hello devs do you improve internal encoder too time to time? i have used
> internal for hd camera encoding and it works nice on 192kbs but i
> hope you later improve this encoder more because it is working out of
> box. Maybe take hints from just released fdk-aac source...

Patches to improve our aac encoder are very welcome.

there have been recent improvments to it that make it beat
libvo-aacenc according to the test ive seen

if you know C and or a bit about audio coding dont hesitate and try
to improve it. If you dont know C and audio coding, you could
volunteer to help with double blind tests for proposed changes, this
would help developers who want to improve the code but maybe dont
have the time or good ears to do test / finetune various things ...

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know
nothing. -- Socrates