[FFmpeg-devel] Introduce FFmpeg on Android project

Claude Youn claude at insignal.co.kr
Tue Aug 7 11:38:41 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm Claude working for InSignal as open-source director. I am happy to
announce about 1st initial release of "FFmpeg-on-Android" project to be
public open-source project. InSignal and project members expect to join
anyone who interests multimedia on android platform with FFmpeg. :)

"FFmpeg on Android" project is the open source project for multimedia
play service which is adopt to Android OS 4.0. "FFmpeg on Android"
project is originally designed by dr.nitro and powered by InSignal Co., Ltd.

"FFmpeg on Android" project is to enhance multimedia support on Android
OS, starts on 4.0 ICS version. Currently Android OS has many limits to
support variety multimedia formats, using specific H/W resources, not
also S/W. So, we expact, if we can use the famus FFmpeg library in
Andorid OS with little modification on Android Stagefright; We can
overcome many current limits in Android muntimedia supports easly.

Currently source code is releaded at git public site of InSignal,
git.insignal.co.kr/multimedia/ffmpeg-on-android. You can check with web
site;
"http://git.insignal.co.kr/?p=multimedia/ffmpeg-on-android.git;a=summary".
And also, we worked on Origen board (based on Exynos4210) and try to
port next Origen boards (based on Exynos4412 and Exynos5250). You can
see the capture of its working capture on Origen board at youtube,
"http://youtu.be/BBrnwMC8cec".

If you have any interest or any question, please visit google groups,
"https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ffmpeg-on-android", to talk all
about FFmpeg-on-Android project freely. :)

All the source code of "FFmpeg-on-Android" is under Apache license v2.0.
If you want to know more details about Apache license, you can see
LICENSE file in source code.

with Best Regards,
        claude