[FFmpeg-devel] current way to tell if image is bottom up - possible bug

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Thu Aug 23 19:56:04 CEST 2012

It used to be that you could check AVCodecContext.extradata for "BottomUp" to determine if an image was bottom up.

That no longer works and AVCodecContext.extradata is null.

So is there a new way to determine this or does this need to be reported as a bug?

I have a video that is now upside down because I cannot determine the orientation from ffmpeg as far as I can tell. It's also upside down in ffplay.

It worked before but not sure how long ago that was.