[FFmpeg-devel] (no subject)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Dec 23 13:41:36 CET 2012

Marcus Johnson <bumblebritches57 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Idk, if I can send this from my email, but what I was
> looking for was a license that would allow me to use my code
> in any commercial projects that I may create in the future.

You can use (distribute) *your* code in any way you want,
even in the future and independently from the license you
originally used. I tried to explain that your future DTS
HD Master decoder will (with a very high probability) depend
on existing code in FFmpeg that will not be written by you,
and which you can only distribute under the rules of the
LGPL (or a compatible license which BSD licenses are
generally not).

But please remember that the LGPL is a license that allows
using the code in a commercial project, please read the
appropriate FAQs.

Please do not top-post here.

Carl Eugen